In 1996 there were almost 9,000 New York State credentialed counselors who dramatically impact substance abuse and mental health care. Noted,” New York State always had a stronger voice in advocating for alcoholism and substance abuse counseling at the national level”.
This quality care for consumers has and is presently being compromised by governmental along with big business. There is a true lack of UNDERSTANDING AS TO WHAT American with Disabilities Act, ADA, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, HIPAA. These civil rights laws are tools to give opportunity for a population that has and can bring a great deal of strength to an employer if given the proper support. The problem is not only in mental health, health care in general is under attack. Our military is in the ranks as well.
Consumers,big business, government must take the lack of true protection in information technology more serious. Mr. Jim Sheldon-Dean, founder and director of compliance services at Lewis Creek Systems, LLC, is a fore- runner as far back as 1982. In case you have not heard this is the year 2013, yet the lack of respect for our life information continue.
Worker Charged in Hospital File Thefts, New York Times, Sunday, April 13th, by line John Eligon is just a small example of how life property is stolen. More audits, enforcement along with penalties, advocacy for compliance and proactive activity from you the consumer is the answers, you think?
- Depression and Substance Abuse (everydayhealth.com)
- Helping a Family Member Overcome Substance Abuse (casapalmera.com)
- L.I.’s Substance Abuse Community Braces for Sandy’s Next Wave (longislandpress.com)
- Substance Abuse Counseling – The Profession (lcdcexamreview.wordpress.com)
- Which Came First Poverty, Substance Abuse or Violence? (crimeanalystblog.net)
- Discrimination and Substance Abuse (insidehighered.com)
- Enforcing Treatment for Substance Abuse (everydayhealth.com)
- Do You Have a Substance Abuse Problem? (everydayhealth.com)
- Mental Health And Guns (channel3000.com)
- Mental Health Care Providers Bracing for Increase in Patients (hispanicbusiness.com)