Citizens across the nation have formed neighborhood watch groups, crime watch, if you will. The purpose and duties are to prevent crime and vandalism in their community by reporting these suspects to the network set for them by the local police. Part of the orientation instruction is to never approach these suspects while they are committing criminal act/s. They are to observed and report only.
Some communities have taken protecting their community more seriously and pass laws to allow their community citizens to become part-time police. Outside of New York City these part-time police persons are armed. These dedicated men and women known as Auxiliary Police assist during community events were more personnel can increase the safety factor.
My research has produced very little information relating to this community population conducting acts of misconduct and wrongdoing. In other words no George Zimmerman. Famed neighborhood watch group member from Sanford, Florida. Shooter of Trayon Martin.
- 5 Steps to Starting a Neighborhood Watch Program (safewise.com)
- This Georgia neighborhood watch successfully cuts crime (mysecuritysign.com)
- ‘Neighborhood watch groups are our eyes,’ police say (mysecuritysign.com)
- Neighbors near Dean Morgan school in Casper to hold first neighborhood watch meeting (trib.com)
- Data can help SA citizens to beat criminals (montaguegardensbusinessforum.wordpress.com)